Schalast advises clients on all real estate law issues. Besides advising on acquisition and sale in relation to transactions, the key competencies of our real estate specialists in particular include the tax structuring of real estate transactions, advice with respect to project developments and ongoing asset management advice. Our advice services in this area in particular include the following:
- Advising national and international clients on the acquisition and sale of real estate in all asset classes (including NPL), as well as on sale and lease back transactions. The advice we provide includes the structuring and negotiation of purchase agreements relating to share and asset deals, the execution of legal due diligence and transaction management.
- Advising on acquisition and project financing.
- Tax structuring (advice on the establishment of special purpose vehicles, the development of strategies for avoiding real property transfer tax, the execution of tax due diligence).
- Advising asset, property and facility management companies during all property management phases. This in particular includes the structuring and negotiation of construction contracts and leases, litigation against defaulting tenants, ongoing advice on all land register and real estate brokerage law issues, as well support with respect to the sale of individual properties from a real estate portfolio.
- Advising on project developments (advice on the establishment of special purpose vehicles, support regarding the negotiation and structuring of loan contracts for financing, drafting of neighbourhood agreements, general contractor and general coordinating contract agreements, leases, advice on the sale of real estate).
- Commercial tenancy law. We advise and negotiate leases and supplemental agreements for office and retail real estate, specialist retail stores, shopping centres, logistics and hotel real estate. We also draft customised sample leases and provide support for the optimisation of agreements.
- Real estate compliance: We identify and review all areas relating to real estate which have relevance for compliance and provide you with specific action recommendations for implementing a catalogue of measures to prevent exposure to resulting legal risks.
- Advising on environmental issues relating to realestate, in particular those resulting from the areas of public construction law, planning law and technical and environmental due diligence.
- Litigation: We support you with respect to the assertion of claims resulting under purchase agreements and leases.
- Notarisation: We have a very efficient Notary Practice, which covers all areas of real estate law. We notarise transactions, developer agreements and real estate, house and apartment purchase agreements, as well as land charge creation and shared ownership deeds.