Schalast | Labour Law
Labour law is not just characterised by the interlocking of European law, national constitutional law and a large number of national laws, but also by collective arrangements, such as collective agreements and company agreements. It is also heavily influenced by case law.
This can be extremely challenging bother for employees and employers, and required a high degree of specialist legal knowledge. Our team of specialised labour lawyers covers the entire area of individual and collective labour law.
Our labour law practice was included among the leading practices in Germany by Kanzleimonitor 2014/2015 – a study prepared on the basis of a survey of the in-house counsel of leading German companies. Our clients not only profit from our specialist qualifications, but also from our many years of experience. We regularly represent our clients in all court instances, up to the European Court of Justice and the German Federal Labour Court.
Schalast Law | Tax predominantly sees advising on labour law issues not as court cases waiting to happen, but as preventative advice. Advice often starts whilst the company is being established and covers restructuring and even the transformation or acquisition of the company. We offer comprehensive advice on individual labour law, which includes advice on employment contract structuring and protection against unfair dismissal, as well as the legal structuring and implementation of personnel measures. Another focus of our labour law practice is the support and advice of clients during negotiations with company and collective bargaining partners.
Our international network of first-class partner law firms (Multilaw) means will can also advise and assist our clients with respect to international projects.
Our legal services in the area of labour law include the following:
- Employment and cancellation contracts, as well as warning and dismissals
- Work time models (development and implementation, negotiations with trade unions and works councils, variable work time models, part-time employment contracts)
- Advising executives (structuring of service agreements, recall and dismissal of members of corporate bodies, liability issues)
- Employment law advice during the incorporation of companies
- Assistance during the restructuring of companies (e.g. restructuring and mass redundancies, negotiations on reconciliation of interests and redundancy schemes, outsourcing, employment law advice relating to the conversion of a company’s legal form, as well as the sale of businesses and companies)
- Works constitution law (e.g. advice on the challenging of works council elections, employment court decision proceedings, legal opinions, drafting of company agreements)
- Collective agreement law (drafting of collective agreements, advising employers during strikes)
- Representation in employment court proceedings
- Minimum wages
- Company pension schemes
- Temporary employment
- Anti-discrimination and equal treatment
- Data protection
- Employee inventions law